random daily thoughts. with some "i just beat cancer" stuff thrown in.

Monday, July 25, 2005

Ever have a day where you have a mountain of seemingly insurmountable work on your desk, and there's a real need to get going on it, because you're going to be in a training class all day Wednesday, but you've found reason all day long to not get going on it, and look at wedding photos instead?

Yeah, well, I am. Having that day. Right now. And I don't want to work.

I actually have accomplished quite alot today, just not quite enough. But because I am post cancer and I refuse to let work take over my life again, at 4 pm, I'm going to get up and leave. And anything that remains undone will be undone until tomorrow.

I am going to go back to the gym starting tomorrow. I feel like I'm ready. I'm three weeks out of treatment on Wednesday. Nine weeks out of chemo. NINE WEEKS! It seems like yesterday that I was diagnosed, and yet those six months went on forever.

I am starting to feel excited about prospects again. Hopefully this will help curb my post cancer treatment funk, because it sure sucks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home