random daily thoughts. with some "i just beat cancer" stuff thrown in.

Sunday, June 05, 2005

I had my port removed on Friday by Doctor Dreamboat.

When he started to take it out I wasn't all the way numb yet and I felt a little cutting, which was the grossest feeling ever. So he gave me a couple more shots and out the port came. The sensation was definitely yucky. But I am SO GLAD to have it out now! It's still pretty sore and the scar will be funny looking, but I am okay with that. Scars are sexy.

I now have quite a collection of really great scars. One long one above my collar bone from my biopsy. Two from my port... one where they went in laparoscopically and one where it came out. A really great scar on my left hand from a curling iron incident when I was little. A scar on my stomach from having a mole biopsied. One below my belly button from leaning against the oven door while cooking, and one on my right knee from hitting it on a wall.

I remember how each scar got there and where I was when it happened. I guess that's the point of a scar really... to remind you that the past was real.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home