random daily thoughts. with some "i just beat cancer" stuff thrown in.

Monday, April 11, 2005

I got quite a bit done today. It feels so good to have actually accomplished something as opposed to laying in bed. Ugh. The snow began to melt around noon and I was able to get out and buy some groceries this evening. And now I'm EXHAUSTED. I forget how tired I get just doing simple things.

It's discouraging sometimes. I get so tired of feeling so old. And yet I am so very hopeful that I will get better. I had my PET scan on Friday, and should get the results when I go for chemo #5 on Wednesday. Please, God, let it be clean. Please please please. That would really give my morale a much needed boost.

I bought some eyeshadow today at the store. I spent a little bit of money on myself, which I haven't done in a while and it felt good. :)

When I am done kicking cancer's ass, when I have sufficiently beat it down and made it sorry it messed with me, I'm going to treat myself to some new running shoes. And I'm going to train, slowly but surely. And I'm going to get my energy back. That is my post chemo goal. I know it will take a while, but I am fighting, hopping mad at cancer. And I think my new running shoes will help me remember how I kicked cancer's ugly gray ass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home