random daily thoughts. with some "i just beat cancer" stuff thrown in.

Friday, February 11, 2005

so.

tuesday had a catheter placed in my chest that will allow me to get chemo and get blood work done without having to get an IV every single time. it has already paid for itself. turns out my veins are near-impossible to find. i learned that after a very unpleasant experience with a nurse named niko. bad niko, bad. if i had a tumor, i would name it niko and curse at it every day.

i was surprised to find how much more painful this surgery was then the last... but i'm doing better now, the pain is almost completely gone. basically they go in laparoscopically through an incision in the upper chest and come out right above yer boob! (actually it's my boob, but i'm trying to make you feel included.) fun stuff! there are two tubes that come out the exit site and that's where they shoot me up with all the druuuugs.

i started having some chest pain and trouble breathing and ended up spending most of yesterday evening in the ER, where they found nothing and sent me home with more drugs. just what i needed! more drugs! a girl can never have too many drugs! :)

today was my first chemo. one down and eleven to go. when they say it's like a hangover in a bag, they aren't kidding. supposedly tomorrow is when it gets really fun! looking forward to that. my pee was pink today. that was very exciting for me.

my mom drove me to chemo and john picked me up. and can i just say... my mom rocks. it's amazing how cool she is and i'm more and more thankful for her and my dad every day. they are the most fun parents any girl could ever ask for and every day it is a treat to be their daughter.

john has been incredible. he makes me cry (in a good way) on an almost daily basis with his generosity and thoughtfulness... whether it's waking up every three hours to make sure i have all the medication i need or bringing me popsicles in bed... he is awesome. i couldn't ask for anything more.

i haven't had a bad hair day since learning i have cancer and will lose all my hair. how ironic. i've also heard that some people that lose all their body hair still have to shave their legs. what is up with that? i mean, come on! I HAVE CANCER, can't you throw me a friggin bone?

all in all i'm doing well... i figure the worse i feel, the better i'm getting, so bring it on! and screw cancer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home