random daily thoughts. with some "i just beat cancer" stuff thrown in.

Friday, May 06, 2005

Oh, yeah. Yesterday I had some Pulmonary Function Tests (PFTs) to determine whether the Bleomycin is doing damage to my lungs. One of the side effects of my chemo that is the worst for me is this constant feeling like I just smoked a pack of cigarettes. My lungs feel awful, and I get winded easily. I HATE THAT. One of my most favorite things is running and working out, and this lung-thing is not acceptable to me.

NOT ACCEPTABLE. That's it. So, we'll see what the tests reveal. Although the tech that performed the tests said they look good to him, which means maybe I'm just a hypochondriac? Ha ha. :)

I feel so good this week. It seems every chemo hits me harder and is worse, side effects-wise, but then I feel so good ( well, as good as one can feel going through this crap) the second week. Strange. I think it's mental... I think I'm so anxious to be done and start recovering that I'm willing myself healthy. Let's hope so.

When I recover, I am going to take SUCH GOOD CARE of my body... Your body is all you have, and when you don't have your health, you are in sorry sorry shape. Trust me on this one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home