random daily thoughts. with some "i just beat cancer" stuff thrown in.

Friday, April 22, 2005

i am so very blessed.

i am so lucky to have john in my life. he is without a doubt, my haven from the storm. when life gets too heavy to bear he is always there. when i have days like today where i'm feeling sick and tired and frustrated he makes me laugh and reminds me that the end is in sight.

my family is a rock. my parents are examples of the beauty that can happen when you have two people that truly love eachother. every time i check the mail, there's another encouraging card from my mom and dad. and i know their prayers have been invaluable in helping me get better.

i will never know how many people have prayed me through this. i feel so lucky that i have been lifted up like that and i really feel closer to God because of it.

there have been many days when i laid in bed and just cried, just asked God to walk with me. many days i didn't ask for this journey to be made easier, didn't ask for God to take my pain away, i just asked him to walk with me and help me. and i believe that i have never been alone.

i believe that attitude plays more of a role in recovery than i originally thought. i believe that you have to fight, fight, fight with every fiber of your being.

i really couldn't be luckier. i couldn't be more blessed. i have everything i've ever dreamed of and more. when i thought about how i wanted my life to turn out as i grew up, i never could have imagined so many blessings for one girl.

i believe that you have to take measure of everything you're given so that you don't take it for granted. what's really beautiful to me is that i don't take anything for granted anymore.

everyone sends me sweet cards and says prayers for me, and i want to send john a card sometimes that says "thanks for putting up with the crabby cancer patient!" it can't be easy waiting on me hand and foot all the time and i don't know how he stays so darn patient. HOW THE HECK did i get so lucky?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home