random daily thoughts. with some "i just beat cancer" stuff thrown in.

Saturday, May 28, 2005

I had my last chemo on Wednesday. Next Thursday I have a second appointment with my radiation oncologist to set me up for rads, and Friday I get my port out.

Let me preface this by saying my port has been wonderful, and most likely saved my veins. But I am FREAKIN READY to get this thing out of my chest. It drives me crazy. I constantly have weird pains from it and I can't wear the clothes that I want. That must be a lame girly thing. I have been having alot of lame girly moments lately. Feeling all whiny about my hair and my eyebrows and how I look. Ugh. It makes me feel so immature to think like that. But then I remember that all my feelings are normal, I just have to remember to keep the whiny ones in check. :)

I am getting antsy to be all done with treatment. I'm anxious to find out what the rads are going to do to me... side effects-wise. I know it won't be as bad as chemo, but I'm hoping I can skate through. I figure I deserve a little easi-ness after all I've had to put up with the past six months. :)

Wednesday my onc told me that I'm starting to get anemic, which is where your body isn't producing enough red blood cells. So I got a shot of Aranesp, which was pretty darn painful. I think the colder the shot is, the more it hurts, and DANG did that one hurt. Hopefully no more of those for me.

My white counts must be pretty low today too, because I feel achy like I have the flu and it keeps getting worse. I've already had two vicodin today and it's not going away. Bleh.

BUT enough whining. I am cancer free, I am done with chemo, I am nearly done with treatment, and I am going to Hawaii to tie the knot in July. Life is getting better. Blue skies and green lights hopefully from here on out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home