random daily thoughts. with some "i just beat cancer" stuff thrown in.

Friday, June 24, 2005

Things I have learned from cancer:

I learned how to draw on eyebrows with the best of them. Those eyebrows really are handy things to have.

I can make four eyelashes look like thirty seven, all with Great Lash mascara. :)

I will never complain about a bad hair day again. Try having a no hair day.

I don't look the other way anymore when I see someone who's bald with no eyebrows. I make eye contact, and smile.

I never appreciated the wondrous gift of waking up in the morning and feeling good and full of energy. You'd better believe I won't make that mistake again.

My health is now of utmost importance to me, and I have learned how what I put into my body directly impacts how my body acts.

I know I'm not invincible. I know that someday, just like everyone else, I will die. But that day is not today!

I believe that God has something really special waiting in the wings for me. I don't know what it is yet, but I believe I was able to beat cancer because I haven't fulfilled my purpose yet.

I am a work in progress, and will always be.

It really IS important to get enough fiber in your diet!

There is nothing so frustrating as your body betraying you on a daily basis, not doing what it is told, and rebelling at every opportunity.

I have learned that I am not my body or my hair. I am me even when I am bald and skinny and not feeling well. Inside all of this, I am still me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home