random daily thoughts. with some "i just beat cancer" stuff thrown in.

Thursday, June 30, 2005

*Allyson lets out giant sigh of contemplation*

When I was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma, five months and five days ago... there was so much UNKNOWN in front of me. The path to wellness seemed so long, so horrible, and so impossible to trek. But as I've travelled this path, I've become stronger every day. Even as my body became more and more weak, my resolve to kick some cancer butt grew stronger. I hate this disease and how it makes me feel. But I have learned that nothing is impossible.

When I knew that my hair would fall out, I looked into the future at my wedding, and the prospect of being a bald bride made me want to cry. I couldn't stand the thought that my wedding was not going to be the picture that I had in my head. But as the day draws near, I am SO PROUD to show my fuzzy little head. I am SO PROUD to be marrying John. I can't think of anything better than being his wife. We have gone through so many trials together that I think we deserve to have a party to top all parties. And now when I think about our wedding, it's not only a wonderful day because we're getting married, but it's a symbol of everything we've accomplished together.

"Alice laughed: "There's no use trying," she said; "one can't believe impossible things."
"I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "When I was younger, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."
-Alice in Wonderland.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home