random daily thoughts. with some "i just beat cancer" stuff thrown in.

Monday, September 19, 2005

My pulmonary function tests showed some probable lung damage from treatment, as did my PET scan. But the PET showed no cancer, so I don't mind a little lung discomfort in exchange for being cancer-free.

Sometimes patients with lung damage are placed on prednisone to alleviate the shortness of breath and help the lungs to start healing. But I've been told it makes you a bit nutty, and starving all the time. So I'm hoping my lungs can heal on their own.

Today I'm meeting the folks for lunch. I love them so much. Definitely two of my most favorite people.

I've been walking the trail behind our development in the evenings, doing about 4 miles before I go home. Just trying to build up some endurance at this point so that I can work into more difficult cardio. I'll get there.

These days I'm trying to be grateful for what I have, what I've accomplished and hopeful about where I'm going.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home