random daily thoughts. with some "i just beat cancer" stuff thrown in.

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Hi. My name is Allyson and I AM A MORON.

Now, let me preface this story by saying my doctors warned me about how sensitive my skin would be post cancer treatment. Wear sunblock, they said. Don't spend time in the sun, they said. Sit under an umbrella, they said.

So I decide I'm going to go to the tanning salon. Yeah. 'Cause I'm so smart.

I'm not one of those people that believes that tanning beds are "safe" or even "safer" than the sun. I know it's bad for you. But I rationalize it by saying to myself "I'll only go for a couple minutes to get a teeeeeeeeeny bit of color."

So I go for three minutes. THREE MINUTES. Three minutes is nothing in the tanning bed world, and I think "Three minutes won't do anything, but I want to be careful."

Last night I started feeling really really... warm.

This morning I am sunburned. SUNBURNED. I repeat, I AM A MORON. I'll be fine by Saturday, I'm just pink. But rest assured, I will be wearing SPF one billion while we are in Mexico.

There. You have been warned. If you are a post cancer patient, let this be a lesson to you. Don't be a moron like me.

************************************************
Also. I was sleepwalking last night. I haven't done that in years. I was having a dream that there were lizards in my bed and on the floor, and in my dream John said "Watch out, don't sit on the lizards." So I got up out of bed, went to the bathroom and turned the light on, all the while taking giant steps to avoid stepping on the lizards. And I heard John say "What are you turning the light on for?" And I woke up. SO WEIRD.

1 Comments:

Blogger oakland heidi said...

Even non post cancer treatment equally moronic people get sunburned at three minutes, ummmmm.... not that I would know or anything. Why is it that "going to the tanning salon" is such a taboo topic? Its amusing. People treat it like its plastic surgery light and taboo... anyways, the deal on how to find out what you are tagged for. I found out from silly and I think its the coolest ever!
http://statcounter.com/
Sign up and make an account. They will give you a code to paste into the sidebar section of your blog template. Then it will collect data fromt he people who visit your page. How you see what ranking you are is under "Keyword analysis" It will show you what keywords people typed in and ended up at your blog. VERY fun.

I hope you are having a brighter day today...

3/9/06, 3:07 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home