random daily thoughts. with some "i just beat cancer" stuff thrown in.

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

AAAAAAHHHHHHHH.

After what I would refer to as the most infuriating weekend ever, John and I got up at the crack of dawn this morning to go wait in line at the regional passport office. The stories we heard there were echos of the same insanity we'd been feeling for the past week. "oh, yeah, they have my birth certificate, and I'm supposed to leave for equador in an hour!" or "have you TRIED calling that national passport line? what a joke!! everytime i get through to a human, they tell me something different!" "what? you actually got through to a HUMAN BEING??" :)

Everyone was very good natured and amazingly calm, considering we were all in travel crisis meltdown. The staff there was polite and that office was very well run.

At 11 am we walked out, passport in hand. Flight rebooked, and we are Mexico bound. The passport gods have smiled upon us. Today is a good day :) We'll only miss a few hours of vacation, really.

Now I'm going to pack, clean the kitchen and begin my vacation with a mojito. :) See you in a week.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. I just wanted to send you a little greeting. I hope that all is well and that you had a great vacation.

love ~ jenny

6/21/07, 10:29 PM

 
Blogger Ally said...

Thank you! It was good. :)

6/26/07, 9:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home