random daily thoughts. with some "i just beat cancer" stuff thrown in.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

And here's your lesson for the day:

I was just reading a post on the forum on Lhermitte's, and remembered one of my friends asked me what it was... here's the web definition:


“Lhermitte's Syndrome”
Glossary


Definition: Due to nerve damage, when the neck is flexed, electric shock-like sensations go down the spinal cord and sometimes into the limbs. This is a classic symptom of multiple sclerosis.




But I have it as a result of radiation to the neck and chest. It shows up after I've been running or working out, and when I look down (to untie my shoes, etc), I get the shock going from my neck down the spinal cord to my tailbone. It's really quite strange.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home