random daily thoughts. with some "i just beat cancer" stuff thrown in.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

UGH

Working through and after the holidays is such a pain in the arse.

We are so unbelievably busy, and the new company that bought us has put a strict "no overtime" policy on us... and this is not a job you can complete in 40 hours. It's just not. But I will make it work. Everytime some obstacle comes up, you just have to find a way to make it work.

I heard Melissa Etheridge's new song "I Run For Life" on Leno and I LOVE LOVE LOVE her. She is one of the coolest people I can think of, right up there with Lance Armstrong. They are my insta-comrades.

I met a lady on New Year's Eve that was invited to our house by one of her friends. Her name is Phyllis. She had cancer-- melanoma. And she smokes like a chimney. Okay, I'm sorry, but I have no sympathy for people like that. If you've had cancer you are more susceptible to getting a secondary cancer later in your life, and I like to do everything I can to lower that chance. I hate sitting next to people in restaurants smoking. I hate the way it smells, I hate they way they think it's okay to push their second hand smoke off on the rest of us. They whine when certain communities make smoke-free laws. Whine all you want, schmucks. The rest of us are trying NOT to get lung cancer. I understand that it's addictive. If you want to pollute your own lungs, go right ahead. But I think it's ridiculous that I have to smell your cigarette while I'm eating dinner. Bleh. I could go on and on.

Um. What else... what else.... I think that's it.

So, let's review:

1. I hate being this busy at work.
2. I love Melissa Etheridge.
3. I hate cigarette smoke. And people that have had cancer and smoke baffle me.


Okay. Ship shape. You are now updated on my Tuesday.

1 Comments:

Blogger oakland heidi said...

Move to California. We loathe smokers. It's even illegal to smoke within 20 feet of a bus stop, and that's outside! Its WONDERFUL.

Although I totally freak out when I go to another state and people are smoking inside public places. Especially in a restaurant SO GROSS.

1/6/06, 9:14 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home