random daily thoughts. with some "i just beat cancer" stuff thrown in.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

There are times in my life when I'd like to grab certain people by the neck and choke them. Just a little bit. I mentioned previously that we had adopted Winston, who came (back) to us via John's ex.

He's been having some poo problems, very constipated, and I thought I should take him to get checked out. So I get him into the vet, and he suggests we do an xray. The xray shows that poor Winston's colon is COMPLETELY blocked up. No wonder he didn't feel like eating! The vet said it is a good thing I brought him in when I did, because often the colon will rupture, and then you have either a VERY sick or very dead dog on your hands. So they are keeping him today, possibly overnight to get him cleaned out, run some blood tests, and figure out what we can do to get Winston's poo moving freely.

Having suffered constipation from chemo, I have to tell you it is NO FUN. And I feel really bad for little Winston. I can't imagine how crummy he must feel. But we will make him better.

I digress. I think that this is a problem that has been ongoing, and had that STUPID GIRL (enter expletive of your choice) taken proper care of him, it wouldn't have progressed to such an awful state. Had he been with an owner consistently that knew how to feed him, etc. I don't think it would ever have become such an issue.

Ugh. Makes me want to snatch her baldheaded. :)

But I guess that's the reason Winston came to live with me, so that I could make sure he's happy and healthy.

1 Comments:

Blogger oakland heidi said...

Poor pup. I'm glad he was delivered to you and out of her care!

Some people are just out to lunch when it comes to anyone's needs but their own...

12/14/05, 3:44 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home