random daily thoughts. with some "i just beat cancer" stuff thrown in.

Monday, September 08, 2008

Today is chilly and overcast, and it feels very autumn-like. I love when the seasons change. So I set about making some creamy tomato soup. Yum. It turned out really really well. Roasted vine tomatoes, garlic, herbs, and cream. Double yum. I'll try to recreate the recipe when I have good basil. And maybe some parmesan croutons.

Last night I went over to my parents house. It was my grandpa's birthday and my great aunt and uncle were in town to visit. It was nice. Good food, and when the old folks left I stayed and chatted with my mom and dad. I am the luckiest girl to have parents like that. I love them so. Being at their house makes me feel warm, happy, and well loved.

Right now: Cleo and Diesel loving on eachother. Larry on my lap. Izzy asleep on the DVR. John upstairs working. And I'm watching Barefoot Contessa.

:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home