random daily thoughts. with some "i just beat cancer" stuff thrown in.

Sunday, March 09, 2008

UPDATE

These past couple of months have just been so strange. Some bad, some good, all mixed in together. As I posted earlier, we had to put old Winston to sleep. I got his ashes back earlier in the week. I miss him :( He was such a good dog.

I also found out a couple of weeks ago that my office is closing. That means 100+ people all losing our jobs. Which is actually okay with me. John and I have decided that I'll stay through June for the severance and then I'm going to attend culinary school. For real. I've been thinking about it for some time, and now things have fallen into place in such a perfect way that allows me to actually pursue that dream. John was able to get health insurance through one of his clients, and that takes a huge weight off of my shoulders...which means I can not worry so much about getting a job and just concentrate on school. I can't tell you how excited I am. I'm going to try to enroll for the October session, which includes food and wine training and schooling in Europe.

Keeping my fingers crossed. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger oakland heidi said...

How is it going? Post girl!

4/9/08, 7:34 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How exciting! I'm very happy for you! I have my fingers crossed too.

4/9/08, 8:39 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home