random daily thoughts. with some "i just beat cancer" stuff thrown in.

Monday, August 28, 2006

A post to all the old people who watched me grow up:

When you see me now, and you ask me if I am home visiting my parents for the summer, and ask me how school is going, etc, here is my reply:

I am nearly 27 years old. I am a grown up. I am a woman. I am married. I have a career and sometimes I drink beer and give the finger to bad drivers on the freeway. Stop acting like I am 18. I am not 18. I have worked very hard to be NOT EIGHTEEN ANYMORE. :)

Okay. Enough of that.

Thursday was my PET scan and tomorrow I will get the results when I see my onc for a follow up. I will also discuss with him what I should do about the wonkiness that is going on inside my head. Since starting the thyroid medication, my headaches are nearly non-existant, but the blurry vision and halos continue. Normally it's not something that bothers me, but it's happened at work, and that's a pain in the arse. Also when I'm driving down the road and suddenly can't see out of my right eye it tends to bug me. Go figure. So most likely I'll go visit an opthamologist. And if that doesn't work I'll get referred to a neurologist. Yay! More doctors! A girl can never have too many doctors.

1 Comments:

Blogger K said...

Hi there - I'm a fellow survivor - a little over 2 years out. I too have had some thyroid issues due to radiation. I have also had the vision and headache problems you mentioned, but never put the two together. I'll have to look into it. Thanks and best wishes.

8/29/06, 12:23 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home