random daily thoughts. with some "i just beat cancer" stuff thrown in.

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I should have snapped a photo of my dinner last night. I was sitting around all afternoon, thinking about what to make for dinner... I knew John was going to be out, watching the football game...

and suddenly, I was CRAVING a shrimp and crab boil. Now, shrimp and crab boil is generally something you feed a crowd with, but I WANTED IT. And I thought "there's no reason I can't make shrimp and crab boil for just ME."

Holy grub, it was delicious. So simple and good. I had some good shrimp from the farmer's market, and I picked up some smoked sausage, red potatoes, corn on the cob, and shrimp boil seasoning... YUM. Yum yum yum. Next time I think I'll get some snow crab clusters and throw those in too.

There's something to be said for cooking an amazing meal JUST FOR YOURSELF. Do it!

1 Comments:

Blogger Live.Love.Eat said...

Ya know, I have ALWAYS wanted to do a crab & shrimp boil. Place the newspapers down, break out the bibs. I would love to do it for company too but that's so awesome you did it for yourself.

Thanks so much for coming by and saying hello!!! I have to peek around your blog more.

12/23/08, 12:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home